Quality & reclamation
General Quality Levels
The quality classification is an indication of what kind of defects can be expected. Reclamation will not be accepted on 2nd. and 3rd. choice blocks. This classification is used on all our materials except Lundhs Royal Blue.
It is important to be avare of the difference between colour and quality classifications used on Lundhs Blue, Emerald and Royal Blue:
HQ:Dark background and blue crystals, the blue pearl with best colour.
Classic: Slightly lighter background and less blue appearance.
HQ: The darkest black background, and lustrous blue crystals.
Standard: Slightly lighter in the background colour.
Commercial: Slightly lighter in the background colour, less blue crystals and less black.
LUNDHS ROYAL BLUE
HQ: Bright blue crystals and uniform colour.
Classic: Slightly lighter in the background colour, lighter blue crystals.
CLASSIFICATION FOR LUNDHS ANTIQUE
- Some black veins
- Not too much red/brownish thin veins
- Black spots spread / not concentrated
- Crystals spread / not too much concentrated
- Possibly small cracks in the corner
- In general as described above. However to a certain extent more of the problems mentioned above.
- Green veins
- In general as described as 2nd. choice, with more of the problems typical for 2nd. choice.
Size, Quality, Colour
Lundhs natural stone is categorized by material, quality, colour and block size. The price of each block is determined by all these factors combined.
Category 1: Blocks with length up to 179 cm x free height.
Category 2: Blocks with length between 180-239 cm x free height.
Category 3: Blocks with length from 240 cm x height below 120 cm.
Category 4: Blocks with length between 240-269 cm x height from 120 cm.
Category 5: Blocks with length from 270 cm and height from 120 cm.
Lundhs is a pure quarry operator, and the focus is on quarrying in the most modern, efficient and environmental friendly way as possible. We do our utmost to make a careful inspection of each and every block, but sometimes it can happen that due to poor weather condition, difficult sunlight or snow and ice, some blocks passes the quality control without the defect being discovered.In case of this situation, the following conditions applies:
- In the event the customer has complaints on received material, any reclamation must include photos of the block in question together with a claim report
- The block must be kept available for inspection, until the reclamation is settled.
- The customer must execute any complaints as soon as possible after he has discovered the defect.
- Complaints on block older than 2 years from the date of invoice will not be accepted.
- Compensation will only be given from the FOB value according to the invoice.
- The seller has no responsibility for consequential damages.
- Reclamation will not be accepted on 2nd and 3rd choice blocks.